2008-09-25

Printing USPS forms with Linux and FF 3.0

I had to ship a Priority Mail and an international package today. I went to usps.com to do it, because I found this saved a trip to the post office when I tried it last year. However, it seems that USPS has been tinkering with the site, and has messed up the print process. See this article for example (for Mac): http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005052713194641

That thread gave me the clues necessary to achieve this workaround. Hope it helps someone.

When you get to the page where the form should be printing, open the "Page Info" window from the "Tools" menu. Click on the "Media" tab, highlight the last entry (ending in "com.usps.cns.web.pdf.LabelGenerationServlet") and download it using the "Save As" button. The resulting file is a PDF containing the form(s).

No comments: